Summary: 2020 Stud Groom of the Year is a competition starting on the 20th February and finishing on the 31st March 2020. The Winner will be awarded the NRM 2020 Stud Groom of the Year title and receive an educational trip to Melbourne Australia, where they will be hosted by Kentucky Equine Research.
From: NRM, a division of Farmlands Co-operative Society Limited and Kentucky Equine Research (Australasia) Pty Limited
Terms and Conditions of Entry
- Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions of Entry. Entry into this competition deems acceptance of these Terms and Conditions of Entry.
- The competition involves meeting entry criteria, reference checks and undergoing a judging panel to win the 2020 Stud Groom of the Year (Competition).
- The Application Period begins at 12.00 am on 20th January 2020 and ends at 11.59 pm on 29th February 2020 (Application Period).
- The Competition is offered by NRM of 535 Wairakei Road, Burnside, Christchurch 8053, New Zealand and Kentucky Equine Research of 2/35 Dunlop Road, Mulgrave 3170, Australia (Promoters).
METHOD OF ENTRY, ELIGIBILITY
- The Competition is open to New Zealand residents who apply via an online application form, meet entry criteria as defined at www.NRM.co.nz/Stud-groom-of-the-year and provide a valid reference. References must come from one of the following:
- A current / past stud employer; or
- A colleague from the stud farm where the applicant is employed; or
- A contractor that often works with the applicant e.g. the local vet.
- Entries received outside of the Application Period will not be accepted or considered for the Competition.
- Applicants must be 18 years or older at time of entry.
- Applicants must hold a valid, current passport and be able to enter Australia.
- Applicants must meet all application criteria to be considered for the Competition.
- The Promoter reserves the right to request proof of an entrant’s eligibility if there is a doubt over his/her eligibility for the Competition and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process or who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions of entry.
- Employees of NRM or Kentucky Equine Research are not eligible to participate in this Competition.
FINALIST AND WINNER SELECTION
- Four (4) finalists will be selected from the pool of applicants and will be judged on a set criterion of best practice determined by the Promoters (Finalists).
- Finalists will be announced via social media and contacted via email and/or phone before 13th March 2020.
- The judging panel will consist of one NRM representative and one Kentucky Equine Research representative (Judges).
- The Judges will contact the Finalists’ referees and Finalists will be interviewed by the Judges via Skype between 16th March 2020 and 31st March 2019.
- The winner will be selected by the Judges based on their responses to a set of equine breeding industry best practice questions and announced within seven (7) days of the last interview (Award-Winner).
AWARD AND REDEMPTION
- The Award-Winner will receive the following (Award):
- Acknowledgement as the 2020 Stud Groom of the Year; and
- Up to $1,000 towards return, economy flights for one (1) adult to Melbourne, Australia from New Zealand. Flights will be booked by an employee of NRM; and
- Travel insurance; and
- Up to three (3) nights’ accommodation in Melbourne, Australia at an accommodation provider selected and booked by the Promoters up to the total value of $600; and
- Hosting by a Kentucky Equine Research representative while in Melbourne, Australia (this includes airport transfers and transport to and from the two site visits); and
- An accompanied visit to stud farms relevant to the Award-Winner’s sector; and
- Depending on timing of the trip and availability in the course, the opportunity to attend one day at the Goulburn Valley Equine Hospital Equine Reproduction short course; and
- An accompanied visit to an equine veterinarian facility; and
- Meals to the total value of $300.
- The Award-Winner must be available to travel to Melbourne, Australia between 1 June 2020 and 30 November 2020. Travel dates must be confirmed with the Promoters to ensure availability of relevant Stud farm, equine veterinarian facility and Kentucky Equine Research’s nutrition team.
- The Award-Winner may choose to extend their time in Australia however all additional costs and travel arrangements associated with the extended travel period will be the sole-responsibility of the Award-Winner.
- The Award cannot be exchanged, transferred to another person or redeemed for cash.
- If the Award or any part of the Award is unavailable for any reason, the Promoters in their sole discretion reserve the right to substitute the Award or part thereof with a prize of equal value and/or specification.
- The Award-Winner will be contacted by the Promoters using the contact details provided on the application form.
- If the Award-Winner cannot be contacted within 3 days of the final interview by his or her provided contact details or other means, or alternatively the contact details provided on the application form are incorrect, or if the Award-Winner cannot accept the Award, the Award may, at the Promoters’ sole discretion, be forfeited and the Judges will select a new winner.
- The Promoters’ decisions on all matters will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoters may cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition or these Terms and Conditions at any time and for any reason before the end of the Application Period and shall not be liable to any participant or Award-Winner for any loss or damage incurred as a result.
- The Promoters take no responsibility for omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failures of any telephone network, computer equipment, software, inability to access telecommunications network services, or any other error or malfunction in respect of the Competition and any resulting failure to record any eligible entries.
- Except for liability that may not by law be excluded, the Promoters shall not be liable under or in connection with these Terms and Conditions and/or this Competition for any cost, expense, loss or damage suffered by any participant, even if such cost, expense, loss or damage was reasonably foreseeable, and whether arising from breach of contract, tort, negligence, breach of statutory duty or otherwise.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by New Zealand law and any dispute arising out of or in connection with them will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the New Zealand courts.
- The Award-Winner consents, and waives all rights (including copyright and moral rights), to the Promoters using the Award-Winner’s name, likeness, image and/or voice (including photograph, film, and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period of time without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this Competition, and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoters.
- Participants agree not to make any commercial or business use of the Competition to resell or commercially benefit from any part or aspect of the Competition.
For further details, please contact NRM by Freephone on 0800 800 380 or firstname.lastname@example.org