The Premium Broad Spectrum on farm biosecurity solution.
Virkon™ S is the breakthrough disinfectant formulation that defines on farm biosecurity. With proven performance against over 500 strains of viruses, bacteria and fungi including Foot and Mouth Disease (FMD), Avian Influenza, Salmonella and Campylobacter, Virkon™ S is selected by governments worldwide for Emergency Disease Control.
Leading the way forward in best practice biosecurity programmes, Virkon™ S provides a wide range of applications to commercial livestock producers, veterinary hospitals and farmers.
The famous “pink powder formulation” offers the flexible, fast-acting, convenient, one-stop disinfection package for:
- Aerial disinfection
- Water delivery systems
Proven on-farm efficacy offers producers reassurance and the knowledge that the product they are using will be effective in real farm conditions, where low temperatures and high levels of organic challenge can present serious problems to other disinfectants.
Ten Reasons to use Virkon™ S for controlling disease on the farm
- Virkon™ S is the breakthrough formulation that has redefined on-farm biosecurity and leads the way forward in Emergency Disease Control measures.
- Approved by governments worldwide to combat major diseases – such as FMD, swine vesicular disease, avian influenza, Newcastle disease, and more.
- Outstanding properties – Virkon™ S is the only branded disinfectant referred to in the prestigious Australian Veterinary Emergency Plan. “Virkon™ S is a modern disinfectant with outstanding virucidal properties.”
- The ‘Gold Standard’ footdip disinfectant – Virkon™ S kills pathogens 10 times faster than the nearest competitor, even at low temperatures and in the presence of organic challenge.
- Proven to kill on the farm as well as in the laboratory – independently proven in field trials to be highly effective against the most serious threat to livestock – the viruses.
- No need to rotate Virkon™ S – independently proven to reduce the potential infectivity of resistant salmonella super-strains.
- Superior safety – the superior operator safety profile ensures that Virkon™ S is convenient for users and can be misted in the presence of animals.
- Environmental profile – Virkon™ S has been formulated to include ingredients that have been carefully selected for their ability to degrade naturally within the environment.
- Easy to transport and store – Virkon™ S can be transported conveniently and rapidly by rail, sea and air with no additional spend requirements for transport or storage.
- Biosecurity in a single pack – a highly convenient multi-purpose biosecurity system all in one pack for surfaces, equipment, vehicles, aerial disinfection and water delivery systems.
Virkon™ S is highly effective in protecting a wide range of other animals and farm environments. For information contact Technical Manager, Craig Stevenson – 027 807 2338.
Grab yourself a copy of the NRM Virkon™ S Usage Guide here.